A SITE FOR FANS OF THE DEMINSKI AND DOYLE SHOW. Get all the latest news about D&D!

Friday, February 26, 2010

SEX OR RADIO

Somebody asked me which I'd give up for life if I could have as much of the other that I wanted. Is it pathetic that my first reaction is I'd give up sex for a great radio situation? I wouldn't expect to be paid much for doing either, but at least with radio I don't have to take my shirt off. Also I already own headphones. And if sex were permanently gone think of all the money I could save on toothpaste, mouthwash, deodorant, etcetera. Hmmm. Yes I think I'd choose a great radio situation. Still searching for that, and I've read all the emails about certain scenarios and whether I'd be interested in certain things. For obvious reasons I can't answer those questions. But I will say if there were a way to still be a part of Detroit that could really move this old D&D thing forward, I'd be interested. I feel badly that I'm not answering every email but so many of them are direct questions asking about certain job openings and even whether I'd like listeners to start 'petition drives' or 'email campaigns' to help get us back on air at certain places. I think folks don't realize how much this business has changed and how carefully some of these decisions are scrutinized. It's big hearted for you guys to offer to do things like that, and obviously you can do what you'd like but, I just don't see business matters being swayed that way. Hopefully someone here will see the worth in the show. Even if not what will always matter to me more is that for so many years you all did.

11 Comments:

Blogger jimmytheclutch said...

Jeff,

Let's face the facts. If you were on television, you would not be taking off your shirt there either. LMAO! Thanks for the update. BTW....How the hell is Doyle doing?

February 26, 2010 at 8:46 PM

 
Anonymous jersey guy said...

hey jeff its the jersey guy.lol. i have complete confidence the show will be back. You guys are a bit far off from retirement. lol.

February 27, 2010 at 1:00 AM

 
Anonymous PMDennis said...

New Blog. Woo Hoo!
Um, for me that question is easy. No radio. I mean c'mon have you seen my wife? Oh yeah that's right, you don't think Asians are sexy. Well, either way I have never had a radio show so I could give that up pretty easily.
Kidding aside Heffe, I agree with you. Statistically speaking you are more likely be able to talk a lot longer than you be able to FCC if ya know what I mean.

February 27, 2010 at 6:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sex is overrated, especially at your age.

February 27, 2010 at 9:00 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Billings, MT is in need of a good show. Unfortunately, the pay probably isn't that great.

Once a Detroiter, always, a Detroiter, but living in Big Sky Country now.

February 28, 2010 at 9:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I THINK ITS TIME TO SAY GOODBYE TO RADIO N MAKE YOUR SPOILED FN WIFE GET A FN JOB AND QUIT BEING BSUCH A PRINCESS..... U DESERVE BETTER...JUST DONR THINK DETROIT OR RADIO IS GONNA WORK FOR U.....ALWAYS LOVE THOUGH FOR ALL THE YEARS BU GAVE US HERE BEST WISHES XOXO

March 1, 2010 at 1:40 AM

 
Blogger Getuppunk said...

Why haven't you guys started up a podcast? Make it weekly or every 2 weeks, just something for the listeners. Or, use it to send out to companies. People will see the fanbase grow as it would spread to Itunes and other marketplaces. Its working for a lot of them.

March 3, 2010 at 7:04 AM

 
Anonymous PMDennis said...

Really 3 comments? Are we still that uptight about talking about sex?

March 5, 2010 at 5:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I moved from Detroit to Tampa within a month of D&D leaving 97.1 when that station was doing its death rattle. I couldn't wait for the waiting period to be over so I could start listening to them again via streaming or something. I just now check back to find I'm too late ... some swine has already discarded their pearls. Hey guys - move to Tampa.

March 11, 2010 at 8:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read that CSX said inconsistent ratings were the reason - how is that possible? Weren't you guys #1 for your entire run at 97.1? And I know you were #1 in the previous city. Dude ... first the Fat Boys break up and now this.

March 11, 2010 at 8:34 AM

 
Blogger Mark B said...

I sure miss you guys and hope you get back on air soon. Have you ever considered a web streaming broadcast? It might at least keep things going until you can get back on radio. Heck might be successful enough to keep on the web only! Either way, don't stop communicating, we all love you guys!

March 11, 2010 at 10:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home