A SITE FOR FANS OF THE DEMINSKI AND DOYLE SHOW. Get all the latest news about D&D!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

THE STOLEN UNDERWEAR STORY

I stole boy's underwear from Target this week. I didn't mean to. I had both my kids, 3 and 4, and I need to point out they were getting increasingly tired and cranky. Threw everything in the top part of the cart because I needed the whole large part to accommodate a large box with a microwave in it. What I forgot was the very first thing I threw in that big part of the cart was boys' underwear for my kid. Then that big box went on top. You see where this is going. The cashier didn't make me take the huge box out; just scanned it in the cart. I never thought about the underwear. She never asked if there was anything beneath the box. Didn't notice it till outside, both kids were strapped into car seats, and I unloaded the cart. At this point it's late, it's freezing, the kids are both screaming about some nonsense, and I'm thinking screw it. Score one for Deminski. Didn't MEAN to do it anyway. But by the time I got home it was already bothering me. It was 25 dollars worth. Batman glow in the dark briefs. Now seriously, when you're 4, that's a total chick magnet. (What?) Plus other underwear. Told a friend that next day I was going back to Target to pay for them. He told me I was stupid. Thanks friend. So anyway, I did. I brought them back inside to custom service and explained what happened. And that I wanted to pay for them. The girl looks at me like I've grown a second face or a third eye or like I'm actually WEARING glow in the dark Batman briefs or something, and says, "And you came back?" She thanked me, took my money, I took my briefs, and I'm pretty sure as I walked away I could hear her thinking, "stupid!" Thanks friend.

This Friday Feb. 12th Snookers on Hall Rd. in Utica, 8pm. Come hang out. It's the last of my beer money before I'm broke so come have a few with me! Don't think I'll be getting out any time again soon. Would be great to see ya. Oh and again this is nothing official so don't call Snookers asking about this. They know nothing about it. Just a place I picked that I like to meet up with a couple of you and have a few drinks, that's all. So just look for me.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Tom B said...

I don't know if I would go back just for the fact they look at you like you are stupid. But you have to do what makes you feel right. Hope job hunting is coming up with something. Hopefully in Detroit. Glad you are keeping everyone up to date.

February 8, 2010 at 5:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff -
I would have done the same thing. Most would have said, "The store over charges so I deserve to keep (steal) them" This very sense of entitlement is a big part of what is wrong with this country, and I want to applaud you for doing the right thing - especially since you are unemployed.
Hope to hear you back on the raio soon.

February 8, 2010 at 9:03 AM

 
Anonymous one eyed Don said...

Good for you!
I have not paid for things and returned also.

February 8, 2010 at 10:09 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

In the first part of the story you say those were your sons briefs. At the end of the story you said "I took my briefs"
Come admit is Jeff, you love wearing glow in the dark briefs.

If things going OK this week. I'll make it out to Snookers Friday

Wing

February 8, 2010 at 4:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude,
You stole boy's underwear? You would be Michael Jackson's HERO!!!
-Mark in Hazel Park-

February 8, 2010 at 5:12 PM

 
Blogger anita said...

Kinda reminds me of a time the cashier gave me back $20 too much. As she counted it back it didn't really 'click' in my head. However I had to pick up my daughter and a few of her friends from middle school. As I waited for them I rechecked to make sure that indeed she did give me too much change.

When the kids got in the car I told them what happened and asked what I should do (I knew I was gonna take it back) only 1 kid said to take it back, never even hesitated, just said it was wrong to keep it.

A couple years later that kid was at Cedar Point and accused stealing something at a gift shop. I was the only one that believed he didn't do it, he got in pretty big trouble for it. A year or so after that the kid that actually stole the stuff and put it in the others backpack without his knowledge spoke up.

People need to be honest.

February 9, 2010 at 6:57 AM

 
Blogger Simply Agrestic said...

Holy crap, dude...I don't spend $25 on my underwear...but yeah, come to think of it, my girls probably do...:( I should charge them rent or something.

See ya Friday!

-Chris H.

February 9, 2010 at 10:00 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

You did the right thing.

February 9, 2010 at 10:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

$25 for underwear? Really?

February 9, 2010 at 2:35 PM

 
Anonymous PMDennis said...

Should have asked fool. I got an extra microwave just sitting here doing nothing. Could have saved yourself some hassle. You wouldn't have had such a great story but hey.
Dennis

February 9, 2010 at 2:39 PM

 
Blogger Jeff Deminski said...

It was 25 dollars for a LOT of boys' underwear, Anonymous, not just one pair!

February 9, 2010 at 2:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Similar thing happened to me about a month ago. Only my son got Star Wars Clone Wars underwear instead of Batman. I had a giant bag of dog food sitting on top of the package, and the cashier did not make me take the bag out of the cart.
When I loaded everything into by car, I noticed the mistake and immediately went back inside.
The person at the desk looked at me like I was nuts for coming back in to pay for them. So much for honesty these days!

February 10, 2010 at 7:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Similiar situation.....I was at Meijer shopping with my daughter and had her infant carseat sitting on the top part of the cart. I bought 2 cans of formula and ended up putting it in the child seat that's on the shopping cart. Well, the cans slid right underneath the carseat. I went through the checkout and when I saw the total, thought that my mind must be out there because it was much lower than what I added up in my head. Got to the car, took the carseat off the cart and saw the 2 cans sitting there. I was too chickes**t to go back in because I read a lot about how people are arrested for stealing formula and kept picturing my daughter in some temporary foster care while I sat in jail pleading that "I swear, I didn't steal them".

February 26, 2010 at 5:05 PM

 
Blogger Mark B said...

For your punishment, *YOU* should have to wear the underwear. I dunno, maybe your wife will like it. I hear glow in the dark makes things look bigger.

I know where you're coming from though, I am a single parent (widower) with a 1 and 2 year old (both boys) and it's easy to do stuff like that. I'd forget to wear my underwear some days probably.

March 11, 2010 at 10:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home