A SITE FOR FANS OF THE DEMINSKI AND DOYLE SHOW. Get all the latest news about D&D!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

THE REAL SCOOP

This is very funny. A listener let me know about this. I didn't even bother reading the link although I'm sure it was very entertaining. You guys remember about half a year ago when we talked about how it was frustrating the way some bikers (bicyclists) took their 'right to the road' to an almost zealot level and would not get out of your way while doing far below the speed limit? We were talking about the types who would ride three abreast at 13 mph in a 35 road, almost defiantly being a pain in the ass? Well now half a year later, some bikers' association or something or another is claiming THEY are the reason we moved on from WCSX, because of their complaints in other words. Riiiight. I told you they were nuts.

Coming off 13 straight hours watching my two yr. old and four yr. old. 220, 221, whatever it takes. On a fifteen minute breather and thought I'd say hi to you folks. Thanks for all the email and kind words. Check back in here to find out if we land something in town or somewhere else or if we slowly starve to death beneath an overpass. Either way I'm sure good stories will follow.

Oh special hi to Heather who I met...whom I met?...this chick I met at Chuck E Cheese on John R today. We both happened to take our kids there at the same time and she is, like many of you, a long time listener going back to 2000 or 1999. Very cool person and it made me miss ALL our listeners. Also makes me long for the kind of station where we can be more interactive with you guys again like the 97.1 days.

Okay, back to the kids and having to say things like, "You can stick it in my ear but you CAN'T pull the trigger!" and "If your sister wants to poop she'll tell me!"

9 Comments:

Anonymous PM Dennis said...

Super Size has to announce that too ever since the day the floor gave way when he was on the crapper.
J/K big guy.

January 11, 2010 at 1:14 AM

 
Anonymous Heidi said...

Thank you for keeping us updated Jeff. It was little stories and conversations like the biker one that made you guys so fun to listen to everyday!
Speaking of those stories, I had to share this with you...I just turned on the TV and Al Allen was reporting live from outside Cobo to talk about the auto show. I flipped over to channel 4 and they were doing the same story but Guy Gordon was reporting live from inside Cobo. Some things never change! LOL!

January 11, 2010 at 6:05 AM

 
Anonymous Kim said...

Too funny - because of them, huh? :) The scenario you shared is so inconsiderate, but yet so common.

I miss listening to you guys, that's for sure!

January 11, 2010 at 3:34 PM

 
Blogger Simply Agrestic said...

Check this out, Jeff! Your old NJ station was recently talking about annoying cyclists:

http://twitter.com/nj1015/status/7636397163

"Dennis & Michele are talking about cyclists. Are they annoying on the road or do they have a right to the road too? Call 1-800-283-1015"

January 11, 2010 at 10:42 PM

 
Blogger SuperSize Scott said...

@PM DENNIS The floor is highly reinforced these days :)

Meeting old time listeners at Chuck E Cheese huh... Times have changed lol. 10 years ago it was meeting listeners as they were puking outside a bar. Good luck Jeff and Bill. I hope you guys land something here (in afternoons) but I know how things are, and wherever you go, that city will be entertained as much as we were (are)

January 12, 2010 at 2:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ure a cheeseball

January 14, 2010 at 12:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

blog owner approval? pussylips

January 14, 2010 at 12:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am long time listener from day 1 at 97.1 until you left there, but I could not get used to the show in the morning. What you guys do greatly involves your listeners and in the morning, people are too preoccupied with traffic, getting to work, and the day ahead of them to call in and chat.

The afternoon is much more casual as the workday is drawing to a close or in the rear view mirror. I always thought the afternoon shift at WRIF would be great for you guys, but they appear to be heavy on salaries there.

Would love to have you stay here in Detroit. From reading the comments, many people have left the area, but I think brighter days are ahead for the region.

January 14, 2010 at 4:02 PM

 
Blogger emcoffey3 said...

Yes, it is "whom".

January 16, 2010 at 7:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home