A SITE FOR FANS OF THE DEMINSKI AND DOYLE SHOW. Get all the latest news about D&D!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

TEN DAYS

into the show being in cold storage and yes, I'm bored. I'd like to tell you what we're looking into but I don't want to jeopardize anything. I will tell you there's not a lot going on these days. Radio as an industry, like most industries, is hurting, and budgets are real problems. Maybe I'll just become a personal trainer, hahaha. If you knew me you'd get the joke.

So I had this great morning taking my daughter Mina who turns 3 this weekend out to Twelve Oaks Mall, just her and me. I often don't get enough one on one time with the kids so those times are special, and this morning was really cool. To have her at that age where we can have actual conversations about things is so cool. We end up going to Max and Erma's in the mall for lunch. She can be a terror other times, but this time she was so well behaved she might as well have been 10. I thought I had this touching moment where she's looking around the restaurant and puts down her food and looks at me very seriously and says, "This is a very nice place." It seemed so mature, almost like to a 3 year old she was appreciating Max and Erma's as fine dining. I say I THOUGHT I had this touching moment because when I got home and told my wife, she pointed out that she was merely repeating a line said by Giselle in the kid's movie Enchanted. Insert Price Is Right buzzkill music here. I'm sitting there thinking how grown up she's acting and all she was doing was what I've done for years, quoting movie lines. Lines from Scarface, Goodfellas, As Good As It Gets, Tombstone...it all came back to haunt me.

I was thinking about organizing a small night out for any of you who might want to hoist a few. I wish I could buy for everyone but under the current situation I can't, I'm sorry. However no one needs to buy for me! Just would like to get together with whoever wants to. Assuming a Friday or Saturday night would work best but if anyone has any thoughts on the matter please feel free to either comment or write me at jeffdeminski@comcast.net which is my personal email but pretty much everyone has it. And again, I'm not talking a listener party with prizes and games, I'm just talking about a couple of us picking a place, night and time and knocking back a few, that's it. Let me know. Weirdo, you in?

16 Comments:

Blogger jimmytheclutch said...

I'm in, but I would need a ride. Unless it could be Downriver. Yup, times are tough for me too.

January 14, 2010 at 7:02 PM

 
Anonymous Andrea said...

Hey a night out sounds great! Get it going and count me in!

January 14, 2010 at 7:08 PM

 
Blogger Simply Agrestic said...

Sounds like a plan, Jeff...finally, a place to redeem those Super Bonus Points I've been hoarding!

January 14, 2010 at 10:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for a Saturday night. Royal Oak would probably be the best centrally located place for everyone.

January 14, 2010 at 10:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's nothing to listen to in the mornings now! Pretty stale radio shows in the morning so hopefully you'll be back, morning or afternoon, but afternoon is preferred. For now I'll listen to my Zune in the mornings. Hope to hear you back here soon.........

January 15, 2010 at 7:49 AM

 
Blogger Shane Werlinger said...

It would be cool to meetup and see how things are going. With you being out of work at the moment, I think we should be buying your beer. I'm sure I can handle getting you one.

January 15, 2010 at 2:00 PM

 
Anonymous PM Dennis said...

Jeff-
I would be down for a Saturday. I work Friday nights.
-Dennis

January 15, 2010 at 3:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff,
3 is a great age...I have a niece that's 3. It's even better when you're the Uncle, because you get to give them back when the tantrums come out! LOL

I'm in for a night out for sure. Just so we're clear, no Super Bonus Points this time? ;-p

Steve in Waterford

January 15, 2010 at 5:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do it at Gusoline Alley in RO.

January 16, 2010 at 5:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate radio now.....no, really, I do.
I've started listening to my i-pod while I drive.

I'm in.

Maureen

January 16, 2010 at 8:02 PM

 
Blogger Lorihartman215 said...

Yeah, how about comming to Iraq? Any day of the week works for us! Sorry but all we have is near beer. But there is No entertainment way up north here! Just a gym and a handful of computers.
I wish you guys the best of luck. Hopefully you'll be back doing your thing on the air soon!

January 17, 2010 at 1:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff,

PLEASE have the get-together in Royal Oak! I had to skip so many of the live show parties because you'd have them downriver or someplace I just couldn't get to. I live in Royal Oak, and someplace like Duggan's or Snookers would be perfect.

January 17, 2010 at 1:16 PM

 
Anonymous Robin said...

I'm in - just tell us the time and place - we miss you guys already!

January 17, 2010 at 1:43 PM

 
Anonymous one eyed Don said...

All I can say is Detroit area radio sucks for people who do not have a fond appreciation for music.
1400 AM is about the only fix, but I get tired of politics.

Cheers.

January 18, 2010 at 12:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be in for sure. Name the time and the place. You should get the rest of the old gang to come out too.

January 18, 2010 at 2:57 PM

 
Blogger verbality said...

quoting movie lines, so she is acting grown up.

January 18, 2010 at 3:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home