A SITE FOR FANS OF THE DEMINSKI AND DOYLE SHOW. Get all the latest news about D&D!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

IN THE BUSH

This is a good one. Connecticut Attorney General and senate candidate Richard Blumenthal said today he had "misspoken" in claiming...more than once...that he'd served in Vietnam. He dismissed the controversy as a matter of "a few misplaced words".

He said he meant to say he served "during Vietnam" and not "in Vietnam".

I suppose when he said "I was deep in the bush catchin' fire from Charlie all around" what he MEANT to say was "I was elbow deep in paperwork as an army file clerk in Nebraska".

When he said "I dismantled a trip wire and saved a platoon" he meant to say "I got a paper cut in Nebraska".

When he said "I was one of the last men out at the fall of Saigon as the Vietcong rained Hellfire down upon us" he meant to say "It was rainy in Nebraska".

Darn those few misplaced words.

And yes, I know he wasn't really stationed in Nebraska.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Tom B said...

I thought the same thing. How do you misspoke like that. I mean he got 5 deferments not to go. What a lying SOB. I hope people don't elect him. I am so tired of these politians saying the misspoke. They should try something new. Like the truth. But people are dumb and will vote for him. Look at kawame. He got re-elected.

May 19, 2010 at 5:12 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

You can always catch a politician in a lie, his lips were moving.

May 19, 2010 at 9:28 AM

 
Blogger Simply Agrestic said...

Maybe he joined Hillary dodging sniper fire...

May 19, 2010 at 8:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a Nebraskan and a Marine Corps veteran.

I don't know... but it does rain pretty hard here in Nebraska...

But seriously, guys like this make me really angry as a veteran, as a citizen, as a person. I was in Iraq and was truly in harms way and yes... we were shot at many times, so for some ass to come along and lie like this just to try to further his political career? That's BS. This guy should be thrown in jail.

May 25, 2010 at 12:47 PM

 
Blogger Anonymous D&D Fan said...

Looks like this was actually a sloppy hatchet job from the (usually) left-leaning New York Times:

http://bit.ly/b0KVuF

May 27, 2010 at 12:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home